USE THIS SEARCH BOX AND GET MORE QUESTIONS UPDATES

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sentence Improvement

In questions given below, a part of the sentence is italicised and underlined. Below are given alternatives to the italicised part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, option 'D' is the answer.

1.John had told me that he hasn't done it yet.
told tells was telling No improvement

2.If he had time he will call you.
would have would have had has No improvement

3.Will you lend me few rupees in this hour of need?
lend me any rupees borrow me a few rupees lend me a few rupees No improvement

4.During his long discourse, he did not touch that point.
touch upon touch on touch of No improvement

5.He found a wooden broken chair in the room.
wooden and broken chair broken wooden chair broken and wooden chair No improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment